Seasons for Growth programmes use the imagery of the four seasons to illustrate that grief is cyclical. Trained Companions facilitate small groups where participants share their experiences, and support and learn from one another. Peer support is a key element of the programme, and confidentiality is strongly emphasised.
Age-appropriate groups are available for children and teenagers aged between 6 and 18 years of age. In some areas, groups are available for the parents and caregivers of children attending the programme. There may also be groups for other adults in the community.
Seasons for Growth respects all cultural and spiritual beliefs.
Programmes currently available are:
Seasons for Growth Children and Young People's Programme
Exploring the Seasons of Grief - Adult Programme
Please refer below on this page for more information.
Focus tables depicting the four seasons.
The nine sessions of the Seasons for Growth™ programme cover -
1. Autumn – Life is like the seasons
2. Autumn – Change is a part of life
3. Winter – Valuing my Story
4. Winter – Naming my feelings
5. Spring – Caring for my feelings
6. Spring – Remembering the good times
7. Summer – Making good choices
8. Summer – Moving forward
9. Celebration – an opportunity to meet together and share what they have learnt with significant others they invite to the gathering.
Grief and Loss Support Services - Auckland currently operates Seasons for Growth programmes in the following Auckland locations -
- Howick/East Auckland
- Central West
- North Shore & Hibiscus Coast
Please click here to find contact details for the contact person for your area.
For details of all our programmes in Auckland contact the Auckland Fieldworker - Claudette at [email protected]